Saturday, June 19, 2010

San Remo restaurant

Bruce and I went out to dinner last night at a local upscale Italian place called San Remo's. We haven't been there for about a year and a few things on the menu had changed.

We ordered Bruschetta to start. It was a nice mix of tomatos, garlic and onions served over toasted baguette. As is usual with these things, there was more topping than bread.

I had their soup of the day, a lovely tomato and spinach, while Bruce had the Spinach Salad. For a main, I had Pasta Primevera and Bruce had chicken wrapped around shrimp (I forget the name of it). The food was pretty good, but I thought it had been better in the past. I know I had a better pasta in Banff at the Banff Springs for around the same price.

We were both too full for dessert (yes, I know it is shocking), but I did take a peek at the menu and will have to try their flourless chocolate torte some other time.

The service was pretty good, but they brought the starters out too soon after the appetizer, we hadn't even had a chance to taste it. Which is funny, because we ordered the appetizer before the rest of the meal because we were having trouble deciding what we wanted.

Overall, I won't be in a rush to go back there. For the price, I think we could have had a better meal at Brewsters.

No comments:

Post a Comment