Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Rainy day means bread making!

When I was a kid (well, teenager, I guess), whenever we had a snow day, my mom, sister and I would make bread. It was raining today, so I decided that counted and made some cinnamon buns. I cheat these days and use the bread machine to make the dough, but it still tastes great!

This recipe can also be made into dinner rolls (I roll them out in two big circles and cut them into wedges (12 each circle) and roll them up to make crescents)

1 large egg plus water to equal 1/2 cup
2/3 cup milk
3/4 cup butter
1 tsp salt
4 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 Tbsp yeast

My bread machine is designed to put the liquid in first, then the dry ingredients, then the yeast. I then put it on the "dough" setting. After the dough is ready, roll out into a large rectangle, spread with butter and brown sugar, then sprinke with cinnamon. Roll, starting with long end, and cut into 12 pieces. Put in baking pan and let rise for 1/2 - 3/4 hour. Bake at 375F for 20 minutes or so.

I also made cupcakes and hot-and-sour soup today, but those recipes are for another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment