Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies


Everyone always asks for my chocolate chip cookie recipe when they try my cookies. The secret is the rum!

Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup butter
2 cups dark brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 Tbsp dark rum
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
4 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
2 cups chocolate chips

Cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, rum and vanilla. Add baking soda and flour (I use 2 cups white flour and 2 cups whole wheat flour). It gets very hard to mix, my family in the east finds they can't get quite that amount of flour mixed in. Stir in the chocolate chips.

Drop by tablespoons onto cookie sheets and bake at 325F for 10-12 minutes for chewy cookies. If you like them crunchier, bake at 350F.

I sometimes replace 1 cup flour with 1 cup cocoa powder to make chocolate-chocolate chip cookies.

3 comments:

  1. Haha! The rum, Heather?! That's awesome...so that's what hooked me! I'll tell you - when you gave me that batch of cookies when I left the gym they were gone all too quickly - and almost all by myself. ;) Great idea to start a blog - I'll be checking in from time to time! Thanks for sharing and hope you are well,

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love that you are doing this! I've subscribed so that I can keep up with the musings!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool that you are doing a blog! I have been thinking of starting one just for myself as a sort of garden journal. I figure it could help me learn from season's past successes and failures.
    You should consider posting the recipe for your fabulous spring rolls, or better yet whip up a batch to share!
    ~Rhona~

    ReplyDelete