Monday, September 6, 2010

Mini Brownies

This is a quick and easy brownie recipe, and the only one I've found that lends itself to individual, mini brownies. Most others I tried overflowed the cups or were hard and tough.

2 ozs unsweetened chocolate
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup flour

Melt chocolate and butter. Whisk eggs and sugar, then add vanilla and chocolate. Fold in flour. Pour into greased mini-muffin cups and bake at 325F for 18-20 minutes.

I melt my chocolate in the microwave, zapping it at 5o% power for a minute at a time, stirring and checking a lot. No fun scorching chocolate! I use a 4-cup glass measuring cup to mix these, so I can pour the batter with the spout. I also use silicon muffin cups, the brownies pop right out. You can tell the brownies are done when they start to pull away from the edges of the pan. Moist brownies sometimes don't pass the skewer-test.

I made these today, as well as some rolls to go with the chicken soup I'm planning on for supper. I find it so easy to bake two things on the same day. The measuring cups are already being used, the ingredients are out and the oven is on.

No comments:

Post a Comment