Tuesday, July 27, 2010

foodie weekend

I gave Bruce a book written by a local food critic, John Gilchrist, and now his goal is to eat at every restaurant in it. We managed to hit 3 this weekend!

First, we went to Globefish, a Japanese/Sushi restaurant in Marda Loop (they have another location, but I forget where it is right now, and Bruce has the book). I'm not much of a sushi fan, but am slowly developing a taste for the non-fishy stuff. It was pretty good, they had some interesting stuff, including a tempura battered and fried tuna roll. It is nicely decorated and not too pricey. A great place for sharing.

On Sunday, we were doing some shopping downtown, so I decided we should go to a place called Tubby Dog. They only serve hotdogs, but they put all sorts of toppings on them. I was conservative and had bacon, cheese (real grated cheddar) and ketchup, but Bruce had cheese, saurakraut, relish and bacon (I think). They were very large hotdogs and the toppings were generous. They had some interesting stuff on the menu, like one with peanut butter.

After Tubby Dog, we were walking back to the car when Bruce spots Cafe Beano, which is also in the book, so we had to go in for an espresso (him) and an Indian tea latte (me). Yummy day!

We also cooked two wonderful meals at home, but I think I'll leave the descriptions for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment