Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Chocolate Mousse

I thought I would share my simple recipe for chocolate mousse. This isn't the "proper" way to make it, but it is quicker and very tasty! The longer way involves making a pudding and folding it into beaten egg whites and whipped cream. I have a good recipe for that, too, but don't often bother.

This mousse also makes a spectacular icing for chocolate cake, or layered with whipped cream for a parfait. I served it over meringues the other night, and I've also served it with berries.


200 grams chocolate (8 ounces)
500 mL whipping cream (2 cups)

Melt chocolate with about 1/3 cup cream, let cool to room temperature. Whip remaining cream until soft peaks form. Fold 1/2 cup whipped cream into chocolate, then fold chocolate into whipped cream. Spoon or pipe into serving dishes and refrigerate until serving (cover with plastic wrap if it will be longer than 2-3 hours).

This makes enough for 6-8 servings (depending on how greedy people are) or enough to ice an 8 inch cake. You can double the recipe if you want more.

No comments:

Post a Comment