Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Shortbread Cookies

Oops! Been a bit longer than I meant between postings. Hope you don't think it is too early to start with Christmas recipes, but I wanted to give people a chance to try some out before the holiday busy season. This is the recipe my grandmother would make every year. We would wait until she came for Christmas, then I would help her make shortbread cookies.

1 cup butter (at room temperature)
2 cups flour
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup icing sugar

Cream butter, then blend in sugars and 1/2 cup flour. Work in balance of flour. Roll out on a lightly floured surface (1/4 inch thick) and cut with cookie cutters. Bake at 350F for 12-15 minutes (just until bottoms are lightly browned).

I have various size star-shaped cookie cutters I like to use for these. And last year, I got some snowflakes - can't wait to use them!

No comments:

Post a Comment